Announcement about Licking County Foundation Grant Programs
Extraordinary times ask us to look deeply and differently at everything we do. Licking County Foundation has watched local organizations respond to the conditions brought on by the pandemic with great compassion, creativity, and focus in their work. Our grantmaking requires that same compassion, creativity, and focus.
That’s why Licking County Foundation is announcing a shift to primarily strategic funding for 2021. Our decision is based on a thorough review of our programs; a recent survey of our nonprofit community; in-depth conversations with grant partners, local community leaders and service providers in other sectors; other research about our region; and best practices in philanthropy. This proactive, deliberate approach will ensure that our resources will continue to support our nonprofit community effectively and with the greatest possible impact for all residents of Licking County.
The Foundation remains focused on our mission to improve the quality of life for all residents of Licking County, and will continue to collaborate with local charitable organizations toward achieving this goal. The most noticeable change is that our grantmaking for 2021 will be by invitation only, based on all of the conversations, knowledge-gathering, and continuous feedback from partners conducted over the past six months. Listed below are more details about the remainder of 2020, and changes for 2021.
Updates on 2020 Grant Programs
- Community Grant Program: All 2020 grants were issued in January. Final reporting information will be emailed to grantees.
- Capital Grant Programs: Applications will not be accepted for the remainder of 2020.
- Tibbie Leslie Travel Grants: Awards will continue to be deferred until international travel restrictions are lifted.
- Event Sponsorships: Applications will not be accepted for the remainder of 2020.
- Leaders for Learning: Nominations will be open soon! School districts will receive an email from the Foundation.
- Youth Philanthropy of Licking County (YPLC) Grants: Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Updates on 2021 Grant Programs
- Community Grant Program: Applications will be accepted by invitation only, based on strategic factors. Invitations will be issued in October 2020. Approved funding will be available in early 2021.
- Capital Grant Program: The quarterly application process has been suspended for 2021.
- Tibbie Leslie Travel Grants for Educators: Applications for 2021 will not be accepted until international travel resumes without restrictions.
- Event Sponsorships: Applications may be accepted as funds are available, if gatherings are permitted, if events can be held while meeting all safety guidelines, or if sponsorship enables events to be held virtually.
- Youth Philanthropy of Licking County (YPLC) Grants: Applications may be accepted in 2021.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact any of our staff.