Honoring our community's dedicated educators ...
This award was created by the Foundation in 1993 to promote excellence in public education and honor exemplary teachers in our county. Since then, 360 Licking County teachers have been recognized as Leaders for Learning. These awards are supported by the Lindorf-Warner Memorial Donor Advised Fund of the Licking County Foundation. The goals for this program are to:
- Identify and recognize teachers who exemplify excellence in teaching
- Provide opportunities for teachers to participate in professional growth activities and to support their classroom activities
- Encourage teachers from the participating districts to join together to enhance the quality of education in the community
Participating School Districts Each of these public school districts in Licking County may select one teacher.
- Granville Exempted Village School District
- Heath City Schools
- Johnstown-Monroe Local School District
- Lakewood Local School District
- Licking County Educational Service Center
- Licking Heights Local Schools
- Licking Valley Local Schools
- Newark City Schools
- North Fork Local School District
- Northridge Local School District
- Southwest Licking Local Schools
One recipient will be selected from brick and mortar private schools in Licking County on an annual rotating basis.
Nomination & Selection Process Each year, 13 outstanding teachers are selected by their superintendents with input from a committee they appoint. The nominated teacher must reflect the following:
- Believes that all students can and want to learn
- Has a mission to make a significant difference in the lives and learning of their students
- Is committed to participating in lifelong professional development
- Demonstrates outstanding skills and leadership in the classroom
- Joins with other Licking County teachers to enhance the quality of education in the community
For a complete listing of Leaders for Learning Award recipients, please download the file below.