Role of the Board/Board Engagement
Getting the governance right has never been more important, and a key element of that work is building and engaging a board that helps you advance your organization’s mission. Recruiting, onboarding, and ensuring your board is functioning at maximum effectiveness requires intentionality and planning.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
• The role of the board
• The year-round work of the governance committee
• Strategies for recruitment, orientation, and ongoing engagement of board members
• The importance of diversity on boards
• Tools for engaging board members in effective meetings
As a result of this training, participants will build knowledge and skills related to board engagement, specifically:
• Governance Committee Recruitment Calendar
• New Board Member Mentoring Program
• Board Succession Planning
• Board Member Scorecards and Self-Assessments
• Use of a Dashboard
• Board and Committee Meeting Planning
Note: This presentation is limited to nonprofit organizations and their board members.