Tips for Writing a Top-Notch Thank You Note
Posted on 05/08/2019
Here are some tips to keep in mind when writing your required scholarship thank you note:
- Tip #1: Address the thank you letter to the donor(s) of your scholarship.
- Ex. “To the donors of the John Smith Scholarship:”
- Tip #2: Do not include your address in the thank you note
- Tip #3: Make it personal!
- Include some background information about yourself, such as: where you went to high school, where you plan to go to college, what you will be studying, future plans, etc.
- Tip #4: Connect with the donors.
- Reference some of the information in the donor biographies included in your official award packet
- Tip #5: Don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Include senior photos, graduations photos, drawings, etc.