ELIGIBILITY, PRIORITIES & RESTRICTIONS
Grant Awards & Eligibility
Leaders for Learning Award recipients will remain eligible for grants as long as they teach in Licking County. Past and present recipients can apply for grants up to $500 to further their professional development or purchase books, magazines, equipment, technology or other materials for their classrooms.
Generally, priority will be given for the following purposes:
- Classroom Materials – books, materials and equipment (including physical education) used for lessons in the classroom or gym
- Library Materials – books, materials and technology used by students in the library
- Field Trips – fees for field trips that enhance lessons being taught in the classroom
- Technology – purchased for use by the teacher and/or the students to improve or enhance learning in the classroom
- Authors/Speakers/Performances – fees for bringing authors, speakers or performances to the classroom or school to enhance learning
- Professional Development – professional development materials for the individual or the school; fees for classes, seminars or workshops which directly relate to the subjects taught in the classroom
Please Note: Grant applications submitted for the purposes above are not guaranteed of receiving funding.
The following purposes will not be considered for a grant award:
- Pursuing a Degree – expenses (e.g., tuition, fees, books, etc.) incurred to obtain a degree are not eligible for a grant
- Technology – technology which does not benefit the students and/or the teacher with lessons in the classroom
- Reimbursements – work, programs or projects that have already taken place